Recently the COO held a webinar for all recently registered opticians. If you missed the webinar, you can watch it here.
The webinar provided the new registrants with the opportunity to meet the COO team and learn some essential information including:
• The role the COO performs as a regulatory body
• Defining what sets a profession apart from a “job”
• Accessing the registrant portal, renewing your certificate of registration, and finding resources on the COO website
• Introducing the Quality Assurance Program requirements for new registrants, including how to complete your professional portfolio online
• Providing an overview of the Standards of Practice, practice guidelines and best practices for registered opticians
• Providing a high-level overview of trends in the complaints department