Registering as an Optician
Congratulations on successfully passing both examinations. If you are currently registered as an intern optician in Ontario, or were registered in Ontario and successfully completed your examinations less than three years ago, you can apply to become a registered optician.
Please complete the Application Form and submit the following documents:
- A passport style photo taken within 6 months of the application date.
- A Vulnerable Sector Check report conducted in Canada within 6 months of the application date.
- Verification of Dispensing Experience, or a graduation letter confirming the completion of 1000 hours of verified dispensing experience.
- Insurance or Undertaking Form and proof of Professional Liability Insurance if you are currently employed or intend to be employed in any setting where you will be performing the Controlled Act of Dispensing.
- Notarized copies of your Employment Eligibility document (if the information you previously provided is no longer current).
- If applicable, Certificate of Standing Form and letters of standing from any governing body with which you are registered in any jurisdiction.
- If applicable, proof of graduation from any post-secondary program you may have completed outside of Opticianry.
- Credit Card Authorization Form – authorizing the College to charge your credit card for Optician application and registration fees.
- Applicants do not need to submit log books to the College. If your graduation letter does not verify your dispensing experience you must fill out Form A and submit it with your application.